Skip to main content

Finding Gratitude Within the Shadow


It deeply saddens me to lose my mom, and even more so to be replaced in the heart of the person I love most. I was left with heavy responsibilities and promises to keep, all while facing everything alone. At first, I held onto hope and gathered all my strength to push through, thinking about my future with the one I loved. But everything fell apart when she suddenly told me it was over, and that someone else had taken my place in her heart.

I could understand if I had done something wrong, but the most painful part was being abandoned at my weakest, and without any proper answer as to why she came to that decision. Honestly I lost my faith, hope, and strength. I tried to stay silent and act normal, but the sorrow became too much to bear, and eventually, those around me noticed and began to worry for my well-being.

Despite my loneliness, I am grateful to the people around me who have supported me, tried to cheer me up, and showed me kindness in their simple ways. I feel fortunate to have such amazing people in my life, though right now, my sorrow overshadows the joy of their effort and presence. and part of me hopes she has people like this around her too.

For Now I don’t know how long will I endure this feeling and If I can get over it. But from the bottom of my heart I thank all the people around me for all the effort and care that you have shown.