Skip to main content

The Broken Fangs: A Tale of Love and Change

When you love someone, you really do change for that person. I came to realize this recently after she broke up with me and ghosted me for an unknown reason. All this time, people were scared to cross me in any way because of fear. I grew up to be a revengeful person, and when someone did something bad to me, I didn’t just get even, I made them regret it tenfold. But this time, I don’t know why, I seem to have lost my edge. Now, looking back, I’ve noticed that I’ve changed a lot for one person, and here are some of those changes:

I stopped attending open photoshoots in the late third quarter of 2018 because there were lots of girls there, and I didn’t want her to feel jealous, as she once told me she could easily get jealous. Even though I reassured her that she was the only one for me and that she didn’t need to worry, I still made the change for her. I didn’t let her know that I had made this change.

At the beginning, I stopped using foul language when talking to her. Little did I realize that I had also stopped using it even when talking to others.

I also became more calm and understanding, not just with her but with everyone. I became less irritated and started ignoring offenses at work.

When I used to ride a taxi or Angkas, I often paid the exact fare, but lately, I’ve been giving a tip because she once told me that her father was a taxi driver, and tips from customers helped with their daily expenses.

I love white tigers, but I never liked cats. I’ve always been more of a dog person, and whenever a cat roamed near our house, I’d shoo it away. But recently, I adopted a one-eyed mother cat because she loves cats, and when we were together, I wanted a cat in the house for her.

Because of her, I’ve improved a bit in terms of how I dress, and I try to keep my hair short and shave my beard as often as possible, especially when I send her photos or we get on a video call.

I also stopped eating junk food and continued a low-salt, low-oil diet. I sleep early and exercise to stay healthy so I could give her the healthy baby she once hoped to have with me.

I became interested in finding good places to eat so I could treat her whenever we had the chance.

I also started saving up for travel because I dreamed of traveling the world with her one day.

These changes might have gone unnoticed since we are so far apart now, and unfortunately, some of the plans I had for the future won’t be fulfilled because she left me. If only there were a time machine, I would have stopped her from going to Dubai. It’s disheartening to think that all the adjustments and plan I made for her may not have had the impact I hoped for.